Thursday, February 5, 2009

Game 55: Ducks @ Predators 2.5.09



Ducks Lose 4-2.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GAME DAY QUOTES:
"The first goal bounces in off of our defenseman," Anaheim coach Randy Carlyle said. "It hits two or three people and then hits our defenseman in the foot and we're down 1-0. But we came back with a big goal. We played with everything we had. You have to like the effort of our hockey club."

"It's nice to go one full game and have some positives to build on," said Giguere, who stopped 30 shots. "I felt my energy was good. Hopefully, this is the beginning of a better second half."

“Especially in the third, I felt really good,” Giguere said. “In the third, it wasn’t a battle in my head. I was just playing and reacting and having fun, really. It felt good to be able to be on the ice and not think, just to play and react. It had been a while.”

Said Randy Carlyle, “Hopefully, it’s a starting point for Jiggy. He made some big stops. He gave us a chance, gave us everything he had. That’s a huge positive. It’s good to see him back in the net.”

“I blame myself probably,” Carlyle said. “I felt I should have called a timeout right when they got the penalty, just to reorganize, make sure everything was the way we wanted it. We had different personnel because Getzlaf was in the box.”

“I’m here to prove that I can stay here,” [Brown] said. “That’s basically where I can start, just playing the way I can play and play more than a hundred percent every game, every shift.”

“We’re close,” Giguere said. “It’s a matter of us battling a little bit harder in our zone not to give that extra goal, going to the net maybe a couple more times and creating a bounce for us. We’re really not that far. We just have to keep with the positives and try to push forward.”

Source for Quotes: ducks.nhl.com and Ducks Blog at ducks.nhl.com

No comments: