Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Quarterfinals Game 4: Ducks @ Stars

Photobucket @ Photobucket


GAME 4
5 PM
THURSDAY APRIL 17TH

DUCKS LOSE 3 - 1

So the Ducks look to be down, but they are not OUT. Yet.... I will stick to my stubborn ways and believe in the upset. They out skated and out shot the stars tonight but it just didn't work. Officiating wasn't it's best but that's been fairly normal and I'm not one for blaming the officials, that's incorrect. I'm hoping they can come home, win at home, and go back to Dallas with the momentum, and bring it BACK here for game 7 and send Dallas to the golf course. We'll see. Odds are in Dallas' favor. We can beat the odds. It'll take a lot of work, but the Ducks can beat those odds.

GAME DAY QUOTES

"It's a challenge but the reality is we have got to win the next game and then focus on the next one after that," Anaheim netminder Jean-Sebastien Giguere said. "We can't think about what it's going to take to win the series. We have got to think about what it's going to take to win the next game. They are outplaying us it seems and when they have a chance they seem to bury it, which is not ok. We haven't played to the level we need to be successful."

"We knew the schedule was coming and unfortunately we have to play back-to-back," Ducks head coach Randy Carlyle said. "We understand the situation and we have to win the next hockey game. We have to give ourselves a chance."

"It was an unfortunate play, and I'll have to look at it again," O'Donnell said. "I saw Teemu there, and from the read that I had the guy had his back to me. I thought I could snap it real fast to Teemu. I don't know if he turned around to hit it or maybe it was an unfortunate bounce. That first goal put us on our heels a little bit. I would like to have that one back." (O'D on giving the puck away that cost a goal)

"We went down and I threw it at him a little bit in front of me," Sutherby said. "I tried to curl it from one foot and bring it to my stick. I didn't see what happened, and the next thing I know the puck is in the net."

"I thought he was a little rusty but I thought the more he played, he showed the ability to get back in it," Carlyle said of Perry. "You run a dangerous slope in trying to play a guy like that a bunch of minutes."

SOURCE FOR QUOTES: http://ducks.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=Recap&seas=20072008>ype=3&gnum=184

No comments: