Thursday, April 10, 2008

Quaterfinals Game 1: Ducks vs. Stars

Photobucket vs. Photobucket


GAME 1
7 PM
AT HONDA CENTER

[TV: FSN PRIME TICKET, TSN, VERSUS]

Ducks Lose 4 - 0, Stars Lead series 1 - 0

I don't think I'm the only Duck fan that left disappointed tonight. But I was one of the few who stayed to the bitter bitter end. It wasn't a pretty game by any means, well, unless you're a stars fan. Then it was beautiful. I don't know what happened, all I know is that the Ducks team didn't look like the wanted it. They looked like a joke out there, a complete joke. However, if I know this team like I think I do, they'll respond to that quite nicely. :) I've got faith in them. This is a 7 game series, not 1. We're no where close to being out. It's time to look forward to Saturday, and forget today and pretend it never happened.

GAME DAY QUOTES:

"Our penalty kill really did not do a good job," said Ducks defenseman Scott Niedermayer. "There were a lot of things that weren’t as good as they should have been. We did take some bad penalties. They seemed to find a way to score almost at will. We have to do better as penalty killers. We have to answer the bell better."

"Overall, I can’t say that anybody played well," said Ducks winger Teemu Selanne. "The frustration hit there. You can’t do that. You have to be smarter than that. Obviously, we have to be better. There’s no question."

"It’s going to take a lot better effort on our part in two nights to try and get a win," Niedermayer said. "That has to be our focus now. There’s obviously nothing we can do about what just happened other than improve on it in two days."

Added Selanne: "There’s a reason why these games are best-of-seven. Obviously, it was not pretty tonight, but we’ll come back tomorrow, work on a couple of things and go from there. I want to see a hungrier team on Saturday."

No comments: