Saturday, January 3, 2009

Game 40: Ducks vs. Coyotes 1.4.09



DUCKS WIN 2-0!!


-------------------------------------------------------------------
GAME DAY QUOTES:
"For me, it’s important to play as much as possible because I think for a goalie, experience is a big part in this game," said Hiller, making his first apperance since a Dec. 28 win in St. Louis. "I just try to do my best every game I can play. It’s great that it worked out that well. I’m happy for me and happy for the team to get those two points because they were really important today."

"It was tough, especially because I already thought I wasn’t going to get a lot of shots that period because I had one shot until then," Hiller said. "They were in our zone for four minutes. It was hard on the legs. They moved the puck around pretty well. I think everybody battled through."

Added Ducks forward Bobby Ryan, "The penalty kill had to do it again tonight. It was nice for us to reward them for all they’ve done lately and put a few home."

"They cleared the puck, so it was a half breakout, half neutral zone regroup," Ryan said. "Getzy showed his poise again, carrying the puck all the way down the half wall and hitting Scotty. I think Scotty had too much to look at and found me off the side virtually all alone. That’s a tough for a goalie to make to get all the way back and across. It was easy for me to slide it home."

"Tonight was our best team effort that we’ve had," said Ducks coach Randy Carlyle. " For us, I think the difference in the game was our specialty teams. We got two power play goals and they went o-fer on their power play, so our penalty killers and our power play guys stood up."

Source for Quotes: ducks.nhl.com

No comments: