Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Game 51: Ducks vs. Blackhawks 1.28.09



Ducks Lose 3-2


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GAME DAY QUOTES:
"We came out and knew what we had to do, throw lots of rubber at the goalie, get in front of him and try to screen him," said Ducks forward Travis Moen. "We just needed a few more bounces. I thought we worked extremely hard tonight. We just didn’t quite get the win."

"It’s frustrating anytime you lose," Moen said. "We went to Phoenix and had a great game. I thought we played great tonight. There are a few areas in our game that we have to fix, but other than we worked hard and got lots of pucks on net."

"I think I felt better as the game went on," Selanne said. "Missing 17 games, it’s not normal just to come back. I knew that the next step was to start playing games and get into those situations. It’s a really good start. I’m happy I have no pain. It was tough to lose. We were working very hard. We just couldn’t score the third goal."

"I think it was a well-played hockey game," said Ducks coach Randy Carlyle. "We created lots of chances for ourselves. We probably made a couple of mistakes in critical areas that cost us, but I thought our work ethic was strong. Playing in a back-to-back situation, we were able to carry a lot of that same type of energy into the game. I don’t think we were rewarded for the hard work that we put in."

"I really believe that if we can keep this effort, we are going to win a lot of games," Selanne said. "The third period was totally ours. That is a good sign. It’s something that we have to build on."

Source for Quotes: ducks.nhl.com

No comments: