Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ducks Sign Saku Koivu to One-Year Deal

No, you're eyes do not deceive you, the Ducks really did sign Saku Koivu to a one year deal @ $3.25 million!!!!!!!!!

The Ducks announced today they have signed center Saku Koivu to a one-year contract. Per club policy, no financial terms of the deal were disclosed.

“Saku Koivu’s character and leadership qualities are unquestioned,” said Executive Vice President/General Manager Bob Murray. “He is a skilled playmaker and we are thrilled to add him to our team.”


(Hey, Murray... Us Ducks fans are thrilled too!)

For more information on Koivu and to read his comments about this signing go here: http://ducks.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=436535


This just made the hockey withdrawls go into overdrive as now I find myself IMPATIENTLY waiting for the season to get going. I bought a Saku Koivu shirt last summer when I took a trip to Montreal. I think it's fate. I can't wait to see Koivu and Selanne playing together!! They tore it up for Finland in the olympics and now they're on the same team and can only get better! Oh my-- I need to remember to breathe.

No comments: