Monday, October 27, 2008

Game 10: Ducks @ Bluejackets 10.27.08


© Arnold Cheng Graphics

Ducks Win 3 - 2!!!


Period 1: 1 - 1
Period 2: 1 - 2
Period 3: 3 - 2

The boys are coming home with a 4 game road trip SWEEP. I seriously hope that they can carry that momentum for Wednesday's matchup against Detroit because.... I REALLY REALLY want them to win that one. Really! If they don't win that one this 4 game sweep will mean nothing to me. (Too dramatic? Yes? Sorry...) Yeah that's a tad dramatic but that's how much I want them to beat Detroit.
--------------------------------------------
GAME DAY QUOTES:
DUCKS:
"I'm very happy about the road trip," Selanne said. "Obviously when you win four in a row you know you've done something good. This wasn't pretty tonight. We were grinding pretty much the whole game. But I always think the last game of a road trip is always the toughest one because the food is in the plane and you're about ready to go home."

"There was a lot at stake for our hockey club to get back to .500," coach Randy Carlyle said after his team evened its record at 5-5-0. "After a rough start, now we're at .500. ... We're just going to savor this for about 10 minutes."

"We've got too much talent and character in this dressing room," Giguere said. "Guys fought hard to get their game back together."

Bluejackets:
"For us to win we had to play 60 minutes, full out, of great hockey and we played 50 minutes," Columbus coach Ken Hitchcock said. "It's not good enough - you've got to win games 2-1."

"I hope they are, like I am, frustrated," Hitchcock said. "To play this well and give it away, I'd be frustrated."

No comments: