Monday, October 20, 2008

Game 7: Ducks at Maple Leafs 10.21.08


© Arnold Cheng Graphics
Ducks Win 3-2 in SO


Period 1: 2 - 0
Period 2: 2 - 1
Period 3: 2 - 2
OT: 2 - 2
SO: 3 - 2

I just have to say: PARROS GOT HIS 2ND GOAL OF THE SEASON!!! & when the goal scorers who are supposed to score actually get going, they'll be unstoppable because the non-goal scorers are doing awesome!

---------------------------------------
GAME DAY QUOTES:
DUCKS:
“The mind frame we’re in right now, we’re going to take everything we possibly can,” said Ducks coach Randy Carlyle, whose club won for just the second time in seven games this season.

“We didn’t play very well, obviously, past the first period, but we found a way to get two points. Previously, we’ve been better, executed to a higher level and yet, come up empty.” Carlyle

“I can’t explain it,” Carlyle said. “If I had the explanation, it wouldn’t be happening, I’ll guarantee you. The frustration from our standpoint is it just seems that the switch goes off for us. We stop skating, and then all of a sudden, every puck we go to clear hits the shaft of a stick. Then we take a penalty. It just seems that the snowball gets larger, but tonight we won. I’m not going to critique a win.“We know we can play better than what we played, and we’re going to have to play a lot better than that to get more points.”

“I just tried to find what was open,” Selanne said. “We haven’t had that much success in shootouts, either, so it was good to win this game. Again, not a very good game for us. “In the second period, we started watching. The legs stopped moving. We started taking penalties again. Here we go. We really made our night very difficult.”

“It was a great feeling — obviously, any time you can put the puck in the net and actually beat the goaltender on a shot,” Parros said. “Usually I just chip ‘em in off the goal line. I just take my shots and get my goals where I can.”

Source for Quotes: OCRegister.com and ducks.nhl.com

No comments: