Saturday, December 13, 2008

Game 31: Ducks vs. Wild 12.14.08



Ducks Win 4-2!!!!


----------------------------------------------------------
GAME DAY QUOTES:
"It’s a good sign for us," Morrison said. "It was a little adversity for this group tonight. We had a great start. They got right back in the game there. We were able to respond."

"We got a 2-0 lead and then we let them back in," said Ducks coach Randy Carlyle. " It changed the momentum of the game. All the sudden the pressure was all on us to get the next one and we found a way to get it. I thought overall our work ethic was good. We had a contribution from every guy and that is what’s important."

"I was just driving the net and he made a nice pass to the far post," Morrison said. "I just beat the d-man to the post and was able to get a stick on it. I’m been feeling better here. It couldn’t get much worse than the beginning. It can only go up. I just have to continue to build and be consistent."

"Any time I can get our team victory and help out in that, I’m definitely pleased," Parros said of his continued offensive production. "It was a good insurance goal for us. I had just come off the bench, so I had the whole view of the play in front of me. I don’t think their d-man saw me when I was coming into the zone. He tried to make an outlet pass to the guy at the boards. I was lucky enough to be there to intercept it and find Bobby in front, who was waiting for the one-timer."

"Corey Perry has had a little dry spell, to say the least, here over the last little while.," said Carlyle. "It’s nice to see he was rewarded. He gets a lot of the dirty positions on the ice when you have to stand in front of the net, battle with defensemen and work those corners. It’s not always the hardest spot to play that gets the recognition for scoring goals. You have to have that combination and he’s willing to do that. That is where he makes his living."

"I think these games are tough to play in against teams like Minnesota," Morrison said. "They are disciplined in their system and a team that really feasts on turnovers. You have to make sure you get pucks deep. I thought we did a pretty good job of that tonight overall."

SOURCE FOR QUOTES: ducks.nhl.com

No comments: