Saturday, March 15, 2008

Game 74: Ducks vs. Blues

Photobucket VS. Photobucket

Ducks Win 5 - 2!!!!!


PERIOD 1: 1 - 0
PERIOD 2: 2 - 1
PERIOD 3: 5 - 2

I gotta admit we played well enough to beat St.Louis but I don't want them to play the way they played tonight against Dallas or San Jose...they were sloppy at times and some of their goals would otherwise be saved by Turco or Nabby. Legace let them in, they wouldn't. It's kinda like that. :) So this was game 1 without Pronger due to his suspension, 7 remaining on his suspension, I even added a new element in the sidebar just to count down for him. My kudos for the night go to Rob Niedermayer, he had 2 goals tonight! :) And they weren't because of an empty net either! LOL.

GAME DAY QUOTES:

"We were battling along the boards," Niedermayer said. "I just popped free quickly and I saw Mo going to the net. I just wanted to get it on net as quick as I could and luckily it went by Manny." -- Rob Niedermayer

"I just had an empty net," Niedermayer said. "It was some great plays by Sammy and Travis."" -- Rob Niedermayer

"Jiggy made some great saves," Schneider said. "If it wasn’t for his performance, we would have been in a much tougher spot. We had a couple of timely goals. We were able to stay on top and not play from behind." -- Mathieu Schneider

"I just saw an opportunity to jump up," Schneider said. "I was just trying to create some room for Teemu and happened to break into the open. I was trying to get it at the net as quickly as I could. I think their defenseman got a stick on it, but a backhand is a tough shot for a goalie no matter where. It’s hidden from him." -- Mathieu Schneider

"We didn’t play to the level that is going to be required here that is for sure," Carlyle said. "We’ll take the win, but we’re going to have to play a higher level than we played tonight, specifically in our next game against Dallas. We think it’s a decent sign that when you don’t play to your best, you still have some success." -- Randy Carlyle, Head Coach

No comments: