Friday, March 28, 2008

Game 81: Ducks @ Kings

Photobucket @ Photobucket

Ducks Win 4-3!!!!


PERIOD 1: 2 - 1
PERIOD 2: 3 - 3
PERIOD 3: 4 - 3

OK I finally am feeling up to the task of reviewing this game. I think that the Ducks came out to this one wanting to just have fun, really. The game meant squat to where they would end up in the playoffs, having 4th place locked up. And fun they did have. The Kings, on the other hand, were looking to give their fans one more win for the year. Such a shame that didn't happen. I have to give honorable mention to the Royal Execution that was organized over on the official Ducks Message Board... about 130 fans made the trip to Staples Center to view the game live (I was one of them!) and take over the arena. 2 sections directly behind the net that Ducks shot at twice were loaded full of black, orange, white, and gold wearing fans, and LET'S GO DUCKS chants were louder than the ever popular "Ducks Suck" chants. Comedy. Anyways, this was a great game and I was glad to be a part of it. Even lost my voice from it. Good times. At least Kings fans got to leave the last game of their hockey season in the same way they are used to leaving their building, with a loss. :) (Common, it's a rivalry, it wouldn't be natural for me as a Ducks fan to not poke fun at them.)

No comments: