Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Game 20: Ducks vs. Capitals 11.19.08



Ducks Lose 6-4


------------------------------------------------------------
GAME DAY QUOTES:
"I think the confidence that I took from Iowa coming up has really just translated.," Ryan Said. "Playing with [Ryan] Getzlaf and [Corey] Perry gives me a little more. I know I’m free to do a couple different things here and there and I’m not going to get punished every time I try something.Individually it’s nice to put up points and it’s nice to get your feet under you. All that doesn’t mean a whole lot when you’re losing a game you should have won."

"We have to be ready to play for the full 60 minutes," Corey Perry said. "Coming out and giving up three goals right away, it doesn’t help our cause. The rest of the game we have to battle back. It’s an uphill climb when you get down 3-0 in the first five minutes."

"They are a skilled team, but we knew that," said Perry. "We knew we couldn’t come in and take penalties. Their power play is too good. They shoot the puck and get to the net. If we play five-on-five, you never know what can happen."

Ducks coach Randy Carlyle voiced his frustration about the large amount of penalties, a problem for much of the season for Anaheim. "We’ve only talked about it about 250 million times," Carlyle said. "Obviously, it has to resort to some drastic measures. I think we’re in a situation where we’re going to continue to make changes and consider lineup changes if that is going to continue."

Source for Quotes: ducks.nhl.com

No comments: