Saturday, November 15, 2008

Game 19: Ducks vs. Kings 11.16.08



Ducks Win 2-0!!


-----------------------------------------------------
GAME DAY QUOTES:
"It counts as a team win," Hiller said. "It’s a great feeling for a goalie. I’m definitely happy it finally worked out. I wasn’t that nervous. You just try to concentrate, focus on the next shot and try to stop it. I didn’t have too many worries about what could happen. For sure, you sometimes check the clock and how many minutes are left." [on his first career shutout]

"I think for the first half of the game, we weren’t really with our game," said Ducks coach Randy Carlyle. "After that, we started to get more of the grind game, that cycle game where you put the puck in deep and you work the puck down low. That hasn’t changed for our group. When we do that, where we grind teams, we’re effective. When we don’t do it, we’re one and out and then we play the majority of the game in our end."

"The shot was just one of those things where it popped out," Hedican said. "I let it go and found the net. I think he didn’t expect right away and it snuck in. It was wobbling in. It was kind of a knuckleball, Phil Niekro-style. I’ll take them any way I can get them right now."

Source for Quotes: ducks.nhl.com

No comments: