Saturday, September 29, 2007

Game 1: Ducks "at" Kings

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket "@" Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Period 1: 0 - 1

Period 2: 0 - 2

Period 3: 1 - 4

So I woke up by 8:30am out of sheer anticipation for this game. Excited. Pumped up. Ready to get the season started. And what I got to watch on My TV by 9:30am (there was a technical difficulty with the lights at the arena, resulting in about a half hour delay.) was dissapointing. The Ducks looked lost and confused while the Queens looks sharp and on their game.

Stanley Cup Hangover? I don't think so. We didn't play this way the whole game which is why I say that.

In the last half of the 3rd period we finally got a goal, by who other than Bobby Ryan... then for the last 5 or so minutes they played like what Ducks fans are used to seeing. They played like the wanted to win. That goal gave them this huge burst of energy.

Too little too late.
Losing to the Queens sucks. I hate nothing more than to lose to them.
Losing to them by a shutout would have stung worse than this... but thankfully we didn't allow that to happen.


I also found it amusing that I am older than the Kings goalie. He is only 19. And I am freshly 20 as of August 30th. Weird being older than rookies.

Tomorrow will be a different story.
Now I'm off to take a nap.

-PD

No comments: