Monday, November 29, 2010

Game 25: Ducks @ Coyotes 11.26.10



Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket


OPINION:
The first half of the game looked like it would be more of the same...the other team getting the right bounces, and pulling a fast one on the Ducks. The second half of the game, after the Ducks went down 3-1, Bobby Ryan said "not so fast". With his 2nd career hat trick, Bobby Ryan helped propel the Ducks into the lead. McMillan with his first career NHL goal also wanted to pitch in to the rally. So did Corey Perry.

I love these kind of "come from behind" type wins, but it also leaves me shaking my head wondering "where was this team last game?" I guess they felt as fed up as the fans did with the losing and decided to do something about it. The thing I think they finally figured out is that it was time to get back to basics to get the win. No fancy passes, no dipsy-doodles-- just crash the net, shoot the puck, and goals will come.

POST GAME QUOTES:
"I'm just happy to join the club," Ryan said. (About his goal being the 11th hat trick scored in Jobing.com arena this season)

"I would say our penalty killing bailed us out," Anaheim coach Randy Carlyle said, "and then our big guys that get paid all the money scored some goals for us."

"It came right to me," [Ryan] said. "They weren't sure who the first guy was supposed to be back and gave me a little room, so I just tried to do what I know how to do and that's shoot. I'll take the lucky ones, that's for sure." (on his break away goal)

Source for Quotes: ducks.nhl.com

PHOTO OF THE GAME:


GLENDALE, AZ - NOVEMBER 27: Bobby Ryan #9 of the Anaheim Ducks warms up before the NHL game against the Phoenix Coyotes at Jobing.com Arena on November 27, 2010 in Glendale, Arizona. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)

No comments: