Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Out with the old, in with the new...

When things aren't going well for a team, changes start being made. After losing last night to the Kings, Ducks fans woke up to some movement in Ducks land.

For starters: The Ducks acquired center Kyle Chipchura (try to say that one three times fast) from Montreal in exchange for a 4th round draft pick in 2011.

Next: Brendan Mikkelson got sent down with Brett Festerling being called up.

And then: Erik Christensen was claimed off of waivers by the New York Rangers.

All this movement happened before the clock even struck 12pm.

In a bit of good news, Joffrey Lupul, who has been out with some pretty crazy back spasms, skated a full hour of practice today over at Anaheim Ice.
“It was nice to be back out there with the guys,” Lupul said. “A week ago, there was no chance I could be out on the ice. A lot of will depend on how I feel tomorrow. I have to see how my body reacts. I have my fingers crossed. I really want to be back as soon as possible. This is a critical time of the year for us.”


Phwew, that's enough moving for one day. The Ducks are back in action tomorrow in Dallas at 5:30pm.

The source for all of this information: ducks.nhl.com

No comments: