Sunday, January 3, 2010

Game 42: Ducks @ Blackhawks 1.3.10

codebase="http://active.macromedia.com/flash2/cabs/swflash.cab#version=4,0,0,0"
ID=onepiece-sj WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=533>


Graphic Credit: BuckyHermit @ duckscentral.net


Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket


OPINION:
So really, honestly, I don't want to have this SAME weekend all over again NEXT weekend. Seriously?? We have the same exact trip next weekend. Saturday and Nashville, AGAIN. And Sunday in Chicago AGAIN. I like that they can get revenge so close together, but I don't think they'll be getting revenge. It just doesn't seem very fair. Ughhh. 2010 is looking worse and worse for the Ducks. Next is the RED WINGS. You gotta be kidding me. They're plagued with injuries and could probably still kill us. I'm not looking forward to it. This is what I'm being drawn to... not looking forward to games. It's not supposed to be that way! I want to believe that they will get healthy from their stupid injuries and go on this massive tear, but they haven't given me any reason to really believe that. I want to believe they'll be in a playoff spot in April, but so far they're just giving me a heads up that it'll be a long summer for Ducks fans. I want to think this was just a bad start to the season but they're half way through this. *Big Sigh* I need to sleep off this anger and disappointment.


POST GAME QUOTES:
"We had our fair share of chances," Anaheim coach Randy Carlyle said. "We had 2-on-1s, hit the posts and had scoring opportunities. He (Antii Niemi) made some big stops, but we didn't do enough to force him."

"I know he's been playing unbelievable," Nokelainen said. "He's a good goalie and a great story. He's like any other big guy these days, they cover so much of the net."

"He stopped me a couple of times in the first," Nokelainen said. "I have to bear down and bury those chances early. When it's a 5-0 game, it really doesn't matter much."

Source for Quotes: ducks.nhl.com

PHOTO OF THE GAME:


CHICAGO - JANUARY 03: Scott Niedermayer #27 of the Anaheim Ducks skates up the ice chased by Jonathan Toews #19 of the Chicago Blackhawks at the United Center on January 3, 2010 in Chicago, Illinois. (Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images)

No comments: